Every home owner has different decorating tastes, styles, and color pallets. Having worked the Incredible Builders, Inc booth at various Home Builders shows over the last couple of years, home owners have asked a lot of question about their specific kitchen project. Here is a glossary of some ideas that you should consider to get started on the planning:
- Is there enough cabinets and pantry space to store all your kitchen needs
- Would you like an Island to accommodate more family members and for entertaining friends and family
- Is there enough lighting and electrical outlets to service the new design
- Will the plumbing need to be relocated to provide the best layout
- Is a smart kitchen internet connections needed with the new appliances for remote access?
- Current trends opt for an open floor plan. It is usually required to accommodate the items listed above.
If your kitchen has not been remodeled in 15-20 years, styles, color pallets, appliances, countertops, and floor coverings have changed. Do you use ceramic or travertine tile, laminate or solid wood flooring? They now have tile that looks like a wood floor. Knobs on the cabinets have so many styles and colors i.e. brushed nickel, chrome, black, etc. Countertops now come in Granite, Quartz and Corian with a variety of colors to choose from. The most popular appliance color right now is stainless steel. But black, white and black stainless steel are available. The most popular cabinet color is white. But there is also grays and dark brown to name a few.
The above picture is a kitchen we remodeled. You can see the spacious island, subway tile backsplash, pendant lights, and stainless steel appliances.
What can a great Builder/General Contractor offer you to make the process smooth?
- Does the company have a design person on staff to guide you in the selection of your cabinets, countertops, flooring, appliances, colors and layout to complement the new design?
- Do they have available software so that can show you a visual concept of your new design?
- What material grades do they work with i.e. cabinets, countertops, tiles, floors?
- If you want to remove a wall, do they have the capabilities for engineering and installing any necessary beams?
- Are estimates free so that you can plan your budget, and are their pricing competitive?
- Do they take care of getting the permits, village meetings and working with the village inspectors to completion?
- Are they bonded to work in the village and meet the insurance requirements?
- Is a project manager assigned to your project and do they follow strict schedules?
- What type of warranty is provided for the product and services that they provide?
- Are references of other satisfied customers available?
- What rating does the Better Business Bureau give the Contractor? An “A+” rating is the best rating. Are there any complaints and were they resolved? The top rating attests to quality and customer service.
So take all this into your decision process when you are picking that contractor. Don’t make a hasty decision based on price along. Factor in all the consideration above before you make your final decision. Make sure that you will be comfortable working with the general contractor you select.
Incredible Builders has all of the items mentioned above covered. They are “A+” rated with the Better Business Bureau, and have 5-star reviews on Google, Facebook, and Yelp. So if you living in Huntley, Hampshire, Crystal Lake, Lakewood, Lake in the Hills, Algonquin, or the northwest suburbs and are looking for a Kitchen Remodeler, why not call us to discuss your next project and our capabilities. Review our website for ideas, and visit us on Facebook for any special promotions. Incredible Builders, Inc 844-HIRE-IBI